Our website address is https://nexusinstitute.net/
What information do we collect?
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person. We generally collect or receive personal information in two ways:
- when you voluntarily provide information to us, such as when you contact us or sign up for our mailing list;
- we collect information automatically, such as through use of our website. Like most websites, we collect basic web traffic information (such as IP addresses) to monitor overall usage of our site. This helps us understand traffic patterns and know if there are problems on the site. We use Google Analytics to collect certain analytical information to help us better understand activity on the website and improve the quality of the website. We receive this data in an aggregated, anonymous form that does not personally identify any individual user. You can obtain additional information on Google Analytics’ collection and processing of data, including how to opt out, here.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information:
- to provide the information you request;
- to stay in contact with you and provide you with updates and information;
- to better understand our users, their interests, and their preferences, in order to provide more targeted communications;
- to measure the effectiveness of our content;
- to monitor performance of the website;
- for internal auditing and monitoring and evaluation purposes.
We also collect information in an aggregated form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose aggregated or otherwise non-personal information for any purpose.
Do we share your personal information?
The NEXUS Institute does not disclose your personal information to any third parties except to vendors who provide services for us and/or on our behalf, including (without limitation) our website and data hosting providers, email providers, and technology service providers, in which case, the NEXUS Institute uses reasonable steps to ensure such third parties keep your personal information confidential and do not use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than the purpose of providing those services to us. In exceptional circumstances, the NEXUS Institute may be required or permitted by law to disclose personal information, for example where such disclosure is necessary to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation; detect, investigate and help prevent security, fraud, or technical issues; and/or protect the rights, property, or safety of the NEXUS Institute, our employees or other users of the website; or otherwise with your consent.
How do we keep your information secure?
Links to other website
What kind of communication can I expect from the NEXUS Institute?
If you sign-up for our mailing list you may receive emails with news, resources, and information on our publications and activities.
If you submit a contact request through a contact form on this website, you can expect us to respond to your request via one of the contact methods you provide to us.
Opting out of our email notifications will be possible.
What rights do I have over my data?
If you have submitted personal information on this site, you can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided below on this page:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you – this does not include data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.